Applewild at a Glance
Mission, Core Values & Competencies, & Philosophy
Applewild Logo Apparel
2013-2014 School Calendar
Welcome from the Admission Office
Events & Open Houses
Online Inquiry Form
Child Development Center
Beyond the Classroom
Marshall Fund for the Creative Arts
Lower School Physical Education
Upper School Sports
Upper School Winter Sports Schedule
CDC at Applewild
CDCA Policies & Tuition
CDCA Online Inquiry
For Current Parents
Make a Donation
Class Agents & Lost Alumni
Alumni News & Events
Contact Development Office
Cider Press 2013-2014
Alumni Class Photo Gallery
Applewild School is a coeducational, K-8 independent day school that prepares able students for success in secondary school. We provide breadth and depth of academic programs, extensive arts offerings in impressive facilities, athletics, and service opportunities within a community that emphasizes respect. We seek innovative self-starters who enjoy the challenge of working collegially with like-minded professionals to achieve our mission. We offer competitive salaries, professional development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits plan, as well as a warm, supportive environment. Applewild School is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty members from diverse backgrounds.
Applewild School Maintenance Position
Applewild School seeks full time maintenance employee for indoor/outdoor work. Able to lift 80+ pounds as needed. Plowing and grounds and/or landscaping experience a plus. Compensation based on experience. Please send resume along with two references to Jeff Goodwin, Maintenance Supervisor, at email@example.com.
POSITION DESCRIPTION – Non Supervisory Position
TITLE: Maintenance Worker
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Department
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP(S): The Maintenance Worker works under the general administrative supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
JOB SUMMARY: Maintenance Workers are part of a team with the responsibility for the overall appearance and upkeep of the School’s 26 acre physical plant to include all buildings and exterior areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
1. Respond to daily work orders received in the Maintenance Office
2. Police and maintain the 26 acre campus, to include
· Removal of snow
· Mowing lawns with self-propelled pushmowers and tractors
· General grounds clean-up, sweeping sand, trimming bushes, raking leaves, weeding, spreading mulch, etc.
3. Order supplies and maintain inventory of same
4. Furniture set-ups and take-downs (tables, chairs, etc.)
5. Pick up and delivery of supply orders both on campus and off
6. Maintain school buildings, residential units, and prepare vacated apartments and residences for new tenants as needed
7. Respond to requests to assist in special projects, such as Harvest Fair, graduation, Special Persons’ Day, etc.
8. Keep shop area organized
9. Maintain equipment in proper working order
10. Deal with vendors to schedule repairs at the direction of the Facilities Manager
11. Maintain work areas and the campus in general in safe conditions, alerting the Facilities Manager immediately to any unsafe conditions
12. Test pool chemicals under the direction of a Certified Pool Operator
13. Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS:
PREFERRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS:
The Maintenance Worker will work as part of a team of maintenance employees and custodial employees. The Maintenance Worker will have occasional contact with faculty, administration, and students as well as parents, vendors, and outside sales personnel. As such, the Maintenance Worker is a representative of Applewild School and must conduct him/herself as a representative.
The Maintenance Worker will work both inside and outside, in workshops, garages, lavatories, hallways, laboratories and classroom areas, rental housing units (homes and apartments), offices and cafeteria areas.
Flexibility, the ability to juggle sometimes competing demands for attention, and a spirit of cooperation, and a good sense of humor are essential to fulfilling the myriad of duties associated with the Maintenance Worker’s position.
Normal hours are Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM during the school year, or an alternate schedule as determined by School needs. Hours may vary slightly during school breaks and summer. There is a ½ hour lunch break built into the schedule and two 15 minute breaks.
EMPLOYED AS an “At-Will” Employee.
Substitute Teacher Positions
Substitute Teachers (grades K-8)
Candidates should send a letter of interest, reference information and a resume to:
Attn: Substitute Teacher search
120 Prospect Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420
Applewild School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Calendar | Employment | Contact Us | Directions | Search | Site Map