Access Applewild: Tuition within Reach
Access Applewild is a responsive and responsible approach to tuition that reflects our deeply held beliefs about who we are as an institution and how we can better serve the families who share our vision that education is an investment with far-reaching dividends for individual children, their families, and our community and world.
At Applewild, we seek bright, enthusiastic children who love to learn, and families who are committed to investing in an independent school education for their children. Access Applewild allows families to apply for reduced tuition in contrast to applying for a grant or award. Tuition for each family will vary based on the family’s tuition category (based on the grade level of the student) and on the family’s financial circumstances. At Applewild, each family is expected to contribute financially to their child's education, and many families pay the full cost of tuition. For others, Access Applewild enables the family to apply for a reduced tuition based on a specific, confidential, and individualized process. Access Applewild tuitions can range from 20% - 90% of the full tuition. We realize that investing in an Applewild education is a stretch for many families, and we invite and encourage any family to apply.
The following is our tuition for the 2018-2019 school year:
Category I K $19,645
Category II Gr. 1 - 3 $22,750
Category III Gr. 4 - 5 $25,620
Category IV Gr. 6-8 $27,685
Applewild believes diversity of all kinds, including economic diversity, enriches the educational opportunity for all students and creates a healthy school and environment for learning. We are committed to making our formative, individualized, and innovative education possible for bright, talented students from all economic backgrounds.
In keeping with our mission and values as a School, and as further demonstration to our commitment of making Applewild School accessible, the Board of Trustees has enthusiastically committed to a zero percent tuition increase at the the top end of each tuition category for the 2018-2019 school year. By freezing the top end of the tuition and adopting Access Applewild, we are confirming our commitment to current and future Applewild families.
Qualifying for Access Applewild
Families currently enrolled at Applewild and families applying for admission to Applewild are eligible to be considered for a reduced tuition through the Access Applewild program. All families’ circumstances will undergo an individualized analysis as part of the process, and families will work closely with the Director of Admission.
- The application deadline for returning families is January 15, 2018. Applewild families who meet that deadline and qualify for Access Applewild will be provided with their tuition and re-enrollment contract in mid-February for the upcoming school year.
- Prospective students and families are asked to submit their admission application and Access Applewild application as quickly as possible as the admission and Access Applewild processes are completed concurrently. If this deadline is met, prospective families will be provided with their admission decision on March 10, 2018, and will also receive their Access Applewild tuition. A family’s qualification profile does not affect a student’s acceptance to Applewild, and Access Applewild tuition is determined separately from the admission process. While we strive to meet the circumstances of all families, there may be times when a family does not qualify or may be placed on a waiting list for their specific tuition based on our School’s resources.
In addition to families completing an online financial analysis (called the Parents’ Financial Statement online), families are asked to submit the following documents:
- 2016 tax returns
- 2015 tax returns (Required from NEW families ONLY)
- 2016 and 2017 W2s
- Monthly Income and Expense report
- Complete the Parents Financial Statement at www.sssbynais.org/parents: (School and Student Services by NAIS Link)
The Monthly Income and Expense report will provide the Access Applewild Committee with greater transparency and individualization when reviewing each family’s unique circumstances.
Through the Access Applewild qualification process, families will not be required to submit their 2017 (current year) tax returns until April 17, 2018. Additionally, for families who have parents or guardians who are divorced or separated, each household must fully complete the qualification process.
Access Applewild relies on an objective, confidential financial analysis through a third party, School and Student Services, as the first step in a process that involves giving families a personalized experience that enables them to provide more meaningful information about their circumstances.
Unfortunately, we may not have the resources to offer an Access Applewild tuition for all students who qualify for admission and a reduced tuition. Similarly, we may not be able to offer a reduced tuition to all current Applewild families who choose to be considered for Access Applewild for the first time.
Applewild School, as a long-standing member of the Association of Independent Schools in New England, reaffirms our policy of non-discriminatory admission of students. We admit qualified students to all rights, privileges, programs and activities, generally accorded or made available to students at our school without regard to race, color, religious belief or affiliation, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability. We do not discriminate in violation of any law or statute in the administration of our educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic or other school administered programs.