Kindergarten in Devens
We look forward to sharing our new Kindergarten program in Devens with you and your child – contact us to discover the ways in which an Applewild experience grows students:
- Applewild’s Kindergarten in Devens will emphasize child discovery and the careful building of academic readiness in a climate built around Core Values, with respect at the fore, and Core Competencies such as thinking critically, creating, and communicating.
- We foster reading preparation skills in a low pressure way that results in most of our children being early or more advanced readers by the time they are ready for first grade.
- In mathematics, the program provides excellent grounding in number sense, we use a thematic approach to social studies and science, and we are explicit in our teaching of our Core Values through Responsive Classroom techniques.
- The program will include art, music, and physical education, and the students will be the campus leaders for the younger children.
- The class will visit our Fitchburg campus twice a month to connect with their main-campus classmates, prepare for our spring K – 3 musical, enjoy our Lower School family-style lunches, create in our woodshop, and begin to learn French.
- These experiences intentionally prepare our children to be successful, confident learners and creative problem solvers. We know our students well and empower them to recognize how they learn best.
Visit our Devens campus to learn more!
Contact Jen Raterman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978 342-6053 ext 111.