Employment Opportunities at Applewild
Employment Opportunities at Applewild
Applewild School is a coeducational, Pre-K-8 independent day school that prepares able students for success in secondary school. We provide breadth and depth of academic programs, extensive arts offerings in impressive facilities, athletics, and service opportunities within a community that emphasizes respect. We seek innovative self-starters who enjoy the challenge of working collegially with like-minded professionals to achieve our mission. We offer competitive salaries, professional development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits plan, as well as a warm, supportive environment. Applewild School is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty members from diverse backgrounds.
Applewild School has the following Open Positions for the 2018-2019 school year:
The Kitchen Aide works 7:15 am to 1:45 pm Monday through Friday during the academic year and does not work when school is not in session, with the exception of Faculty In-Service days as listed each year in the academic calendar and a few days before school begins and after school concludes. The Kitchen Aide works under the general supervision of the Food Services Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in food preparation under the direction of the Cook
- Stocks and maintains the salad bar
- Assists in checking inventory and processing deliveries of inventory to include stocking shelves and related duties
- Runs the dishwasher location (loads, sets up, clears)
- Assists the Cook with daily set-ups filling condiments, preparing desserts and other items
- Works on special functions (such as breakfasts, trustee dinners, etc.)
- Miscellaneous duties that may include such tasks as sweeping or mopping the kitchen and dining room area, wiping down tables, chairs and benches
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Physical ability to bend, lift, climb stairs, and carry at least 50 pounds
- Physical ability to move tables, chairs, wash floors and run commercial dishwashing equipment
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and demonstrate initiative as part of a team
- Flexibility to e on-call for emergencies and special school functions
- An equivalent combination of skills, training and experience
PREFERRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS:
- One year experience working in an institutional food service department, either at a school, hospital, nursing home, or restaurant or equivalent food service experience.
The Kitchen Aide must function as a team member within the Food Services Department and must be able to interact professionally and positively with the students, faculty, staff, and parents that they encounter in the scope of their position.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with care and efficiency, and an eye to safety at all times
- Someone who is self-motivated and organized.
Substitute Teachers. If you are interested or know someone, please pass the word. Please send resume and contact information for two references to Human Resources, Applewild School, 120 Prospect Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420
Applewild School is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. We welcome individuals that add to the diversity and vibrancy of our community.
120 Prospect Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420
At Applewild we believe that the ages of four to fifteen are the most important in a child’s education, the foundation upon which all future success is built. We empower students to discover their passion for learning and pursue excellence in academics, arts, and athletics in our supportive environment. The Core Values and Competencies we promote and the relationships we foster among all members of our diverse community prepare our students to be confident learners and engaged citizens.