We are Formative, Individualized, and Innovative.
What differentiates Applewild? We are:
– Formative: Applewild nurtures the mind and character, fostering the development of skills and values that prepare students for future educational success and purposeful lives as engaged citizens.
– Individualized: Within Applewild’s inclusive, student-centered community of learners, each individual’s unique strengths and potential are known, cherished, and cultivated.
– Innovative: Anchored in the tradition of a liberal arts education, Applewild engages students in active, collaborative, and service learning experiences that reflect the best practices in teaching and learning today.
At Applewild, we believe:
– Preschool through eighth grade is the most important time in a child’s education.
– Relationships matter – with our students, our families, and our community.
– Students must be prepared for their path of learning.
– Students learn best in an environment where they are respected and kindness is the norm. Our Core Values – to be respectful, fair, responsible, compassionate, cooperative, honest, and civic-minded – are our foundation and are lived through word and deed.
– Success requires emotional intelligence. We intentionally foster strength of character, empathy, and the ability to work with others.
– A dynamic, student-centered, challenging curriculum empowers students to be problem-solvers and problem-finders.
– An outstanding K-8th grade curriculum is comprehensive. It includes visual and performing arts, sports/physical education/recess, public speaking, learning support services, and science.